I have a confession. I am majorly addicted to HGTV’s House Hunters. It’s one of my guilty pleasures. Maybe, it has something to do with being 26 and living in apartments for years now, that has me fantasizing what it may be like to own property one day. Add in a large amount of scripting and some crazy characters. You have one of the most entertaining (and borderline educational) reality shows.
1. Who exactly are these mid-20 something couples that are buying half a million dollar vacation homes on the beach?
Who are these couples? What are their jobs? And, how the hell do they have so much disposable income. I can barely pay a ~$1000 in rent each month. These folks have two mortgages. How?
2. I wonder how many of the couples on House Hunters are still married in a year. Every couple on this show bickers so much. Literally. These cannot be happy marriages.
3. Why is everyone so obsessed with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances?
4. And hardwood floors.
5. And a fully-updated man cave in the basement. Also, what exactly constitutes a man-cave anyway?
6. And a GINORMOUS walk-in closet.
7. And lots of privacy in the fully fenced in backyard.
8. Who are these single 20-somethings buying luxury apartments in midtown Manhattan?
9. Who at TLC thought it would be a good idea to create a House Hunters Spin-off called, “Buying Naked.” It follows couples looking to buy homes in a nudist colony in Pasco County, Florida.
10. I wonder how much time a poor Production Assistant (PA) had to spend hunting down ridiculous props to cover all the man and lady parts on Buying Naked.
11. Why are so many women on the show obsessed with child safety features? They don’t have any kids and she isn’t even flipping pregnant yet.
12. Whenever a realtor shows them a house just “outside their budget.” It’s really more than $50,000 over.
13. Will people judge me if I livetweet the shenanigans that this couple are saying right now?
14. Oh, you hate the burnt orange and bright yellow paint colors? It’s just paint. You can pick up some of your favorite colors from Home Depot and re-do the room. It’s really not hard, people.
15. Oh no, there’s carpet in the master bedroom. Instant deal breaker.
16. In the off-chance I’m ever financially stable and emotionally ready to buy a house, how do I get on this show? Here’s how you can apply.
17. Has anyone ever tried this House Hunters drinking game? And survived?
18. Seriously, how many people will judge me if I live-tweet the shenanigans on this show? For realsies.
What thoughts have you had while watching House Hunters? Please share them below in the comment section.